Are you struggling in your relationship? Do you look at your partner and wish you could tell them what you are feeling? Or tell them that you are hurting, that you feel alone or want to connect? Maybe your relationship is OK but you want it to be better?
Kaizen Center for Mental Health is offering a 12-session relationship enhancement class designed to help couples:
- Work through common relationship challenges
- Increase friendship
- Create attunement
- Improve communication
- Understand the why of arguments
- Improve emotional, physical, and sexual components of the relationship
We will utilize material from “The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” by Dr. John Gottman. The class will include training in Dialectical Behavioral Skills (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Skills (CBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Information from renowned authors, researchers, and therapists including Brené Brown will also be utilized. This is an online course that will allow you and your partner to participate from home with other couples seeking knowledge and support. We look forward to meeting with you and helping you navigate the wild and wonderful journey of being in a committed partnership.
Each 90-minute class is $40 per couple.
Required text: https://www.gottman.com/product/seven-principles-couples-set/
- January 27, 2021 The Truth About Relationships
- February 17, 2021 What Makes Relationships Work? | How to Predict Relationship Collapse and Course Correct
- March 17, 2021 Fondness and Admiration: Enhancing Your Relationship/Friendship
- April 21, 2021 Trust: How to Turn Toward, Not Away From Your Partner
- May 19. 2021 Letting Your Partner Influence You
- June 16, 2021 Understanding your partners emotions
- July 21, 2021 Two Kinds of Relationship Conflict
- August 18, 2021 How to Solve Your Solvable Problems
- September 15, 2021 Coping with Typical Solvable Problems
- October 20, 2021 Overcoming Gridlock in Your Relationship
- November 17, 2021 Value & Negative Core Beliefs
- December 15, 2021 Creating Shared Meaning
We do not accept insurance for this class.